If you are planning to visit Australia for business or leisure purposes, or need to stay in Australia for a few months as a student, you will need to apply for an Australian visa. Australian visa requirements vary by type of visa and the intention of the visitor. Some are valid only for one year, while others can be extended for two years or more depending on certain eligibility requirements and restrictions. It is now possible to apply for Australia visas online and submit an online Australian visa application. This can be a convenient and efficient way to send your information to the Australian government.
Types of Australian Visas
The Australian government grants several different types of Australian visas to those who meet certain eligibility requirements. You need to make sure you apply for the right type of Australia visa when submitting your Australia visa application or your request may be denied. Seeking out Australian visa information from reputable sources can help you make the most informed decision and submit the necessary paperwork to support your Australia visa application.
The different types of Australian visas include:
- ETA Tourist Visa - allows for multiple entries for up to three months at a time and is valid for one year. Those who have this type of Australia visa are not allowed to work during their visit.
- Working Holiday Visa Application - only those who are between the ages of 18 and 30 years of age, and are citizens of countries that have a working holiday maker agreement are allowed to obtain this type of Australia visa. This visa is valid for one year and can be extended for up to two years.
- Skilled Worker - working professionals and skilled workers who want to live and work in Australia may be eligible to apply for this type of visa under the General Skilled Migration Programme.
- Family Visa - families who plan to migrate to Australia and have family members who are Australian citizens or permanent residents can apply for the family class of Australian visas. These types of visas are also available for dependent children, orphaned relatives, dependent relatives and adopted children.
Submitting Your Australia Visa Application
You can submit an Australian visa application online if you are applying for an Australia visa under the following conditions:
- Working professional or skilled worker planning to do business in Australia
- Moving to Australia permanently
- Returning to Australia after being overseas for a certain period of time
- Planning a working holiday
- Visiting as a tourist
- Studying in Australia or seeking training or skills development in the field
- Working as an education agent or provider
- Are sponsored by an employer to work in Australia
- Are part of Australia's Refugee and Humanitarian programs
Completing an Australian Visa Application can be a lengthy process, but you can submit your information online using the Australian Government's Department of Immigration and Citizenship website. You will need to attach supporting documents in the required file format, and can check the status of your Australia visa application online after submitting your materials. The Australian Government imposes an Embassy Fee and Service Fee on each Australian visa application submitted over the web, and most applications receive same-day processing.